An amazing, fabulous and almost beloved flower is called an orchid. It is simply impossible not to fall in love with flowers from the orchid family. Although a significant portion of these plants are found in tropical regions, some of the orchids bloom only within the Arctic Circle. Over the past few years, the indoor flower has received simply crazy popularity among amateur gardeners and has become a desired plant for many florists.
The main difference between the orchid flower is its unique and absolutely unique structure. It is interesting to observe how the petals and sepals alternate around the very central part of the flower. Orchid flower belongs to the zygomorphic category, that is, through it it is possible to draw only one plane of symmetry.
These are unusually beautiful flowers, but they are quite demanding in care. They should be placed so that very dry or too hot air rising from the radiators does not get on orchid ones. The substrate for planting orchid plants should be special. At the stages of its development, such an indoor flower requires a fairly long daylight hours of about 12 to 15 hours.
All kinds of orchid plants prefer bright places when they care in the room, and in the afternoon hours such plants must be shaded from direct and hot sunlight. Each variety of indoor orchid needs to create special conditions for watering. However, in recent years, new varieties have appeared, the care of which is not too complicated.
Many types of plants are quite possible to care for at an amateur level and grow in standard flower pots. Of course, creating conditions that optimally match the natural requirements, one can count on indoor culture to live a very long time. To better understand the features and specifics of care, you need to know how plants live in natural or so-called natural conditions.
In the world there are more than 30,000 species, as well as varieties of orchids. In vivo, orchids are widely distributed in both hemispheres of the earth. Epiphytic orchid species grow between branches, as well as on tree trunks, on stumps, or on perished dead trees. Many epiphytic species with reduced rhizome under natural growing conditions can produce whole beards of thin roots.
It is simply impossible to choose the most beautiful orchid, as they change according to the halo of their habitat. For example, the beauty of forest species is modest and inconspicuous, while tropical species are characterized by extravagance. Unlike a significant number of tropical plants that belong to epiphytes and grow in the crowns of trees, wild orchids grow on the ground and belong to a small category of terrestrial orchids.
Wild orchids are amazing plants. They are very decorative, and also characterized by sophisticated beauty. Some species are characterized by an amazing smell. Finding a flower in nature is not too easy. Orchidaceae grow almost everywhere, with the exception of deserts that are too dry, as well as the absolutely lifeless expanses of Antarctica.
Amazing and rare orchids
Confirmed by numerous scientists, the time of the appearance of orchids on Earth is more than 100 million years ago. The charm and splendor of witchcraft flowers aroused admiration even in China in the 4th century. BC. Orchids were mentioned in the works of the famous Confucius, and also have survived to our times in the drawings of ancient Chinese artists depicting Cymbidiums and Tseloginii, whose age is 2.5 thousand years. Such a plant is very symbolic:
- Orchid is a symbol of tenderness. For this reason, some families sought to keep orchids in the house, which proved that there were no quarrels between spouses.
- It is a symbol of perfection and harmony. Any fresh flowers are a source of exclusively positive emotions, and orchid flowers can significantly raise the mood, as well as reduce negative energy and fill the living space with coziness and comfort.
- The flower is considered by many as amorous talismans, and the combination of these flowers symbolizes a strong and lasting union of loving hearts.
- Orchids Strengthen Family Relationshipsas well as symbolize wealth and wealth.
- White flowers symbolize pure loveand motley became a symbol of craving. The pink color of exquisite orchid petals means pure affection.
Many flower growers know that in China, a houseplant such as an orchid is considered a symbol of the wealth of the family. Since ancient times, this flower has been the definition of grace and elegance among other plants. The flower can be placed both at home and in the office. And Feng Shui is not at all against growing indoor orchids at home. In Feng Shui, orchids are female flowers and symbolize virgin, pure love and femininity.
Orchid related signs
Often, flower growers are faced with various signs and superstitions that are associated with flowers, and some of these signs become amazing discoveries. The most popular myths and misconceptions that accompany the cultivation of orchid plants in a residential building:
- if an orchid flower appears in a living room in which lovers live, not yet bound by a legal marriage, then the orchid can cause them to quickly quarrel and break;
- for people with an unbalanced psyche, it is better to completely abandon the cultivation of orchid plants and try not to be close to them;
- it is believed that indoor orchids well take root exclusively in the living quarters of single women;
- Indian teaching believes that this kind of tropical flower can clean the house of bad thoughts, as well as negative emotions;
- the plant as it absorbs cynicism, as well as fussiness, indifference to others and a complete denial of home comfort;
- a black orchid is akin to a black cat and can attract not only failures, but also death.
A significant part of the omens endows almost all types of orchids with the properties of an energy vampire. To maintain such plants in a residential building, according to many, is categorically impossible. However, this plant is very attractive and unlikely to be harmful to its owner.
You can find out how and when orchid transplantation is carried out here.
Orchids - plants with a long history, are considered one of the most moody, sophisticated and expensive flowers. Interestingly, orchid plants, unlike most other types of flowers, absolutely do not cause allergies. Besides:
- most species require pollination by flies or bees;
- the largest flower has petals, the length of which is slightly less than 1 m;
- some species of orchids live more than 100 years;
- orchid plants serve as raw materials for the production of vanilla;
- the largest orchid species can reach 20 m in length.
Orchids in the interior
Some orchid species are very expensive. For example, the Kinabalu Gold grade at the age of 15 can reach a value of $ 50,000.