Lemon tea is considered a drink of the Russian people. No one will dispute the peculiarities of Russian roads with their bumps. To avoid motion sickness, passengers began to add lemon wedges to the drink. Foreigners call it a Russian drink. In addition to its benefits, black or green tea with lemon (pictured below) tastes great.
Composition and calorie content of tea with lemon
The tea drink contains a huge amount of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals such as fluoride, magnesium, potassium iodine and copper. The color of the tea will depend on the variety chosen, but a slice of lemon or squeezed juice will drastically discolor the liquid.
Tea drink with lemon turns out to be low in calories. One glass contains 6-10 calories. But some additives, such as granulated sugar, honey, condensed milk or cream, increase the nutritional value several times.
Why is lemon tea good for you?
Tea drink with lemon has beneficial properties:
- The presence of ascorbic acid protects the body from colds, promotes the absorption of iron and the regulation of collagen, strengthens blood vessels and bones.
- Green or black tea, to which lemon juice is added, is an excellent way to thin the blood and break down fats. That is why it is recommended to drink liquid with lemon in the morning before meals.
- Black or green tea with a slice of lemon has antiseptic properties and helps to get rid of various infections.
- Perfectly quenches thirst, restores water balance, tones and invigorates.
- Antioxidants are able to destroy free radicals and prevent the development of cancer cells.
Attention! Tea with lemon is useful for all age categories, it is recommended for children to strengthen immunity, as well as for men to increase potency.
The benefits and harms of green tea with lemon
Green tea, like black tea, has beneficial properties. But it should be understood that all products are not perceived equally by all people. The point is in the allergen that is part of the lemon.
What is the use of lemon tea for colds
Colds most often overtake people in the spring-winter period. After going outside, I really want to have a cup of hot tea. Many mothers, noticing a runny nose in a child, intuitively add a slice of citrus to a tonic drink.
And this is no coincidence, because lemon contains vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the immune system, due to which a person recovers faster.
Not only citrus juice contains beneficial substances. The peel is also a storehouse of essential oils, pectins, phytoncides. Therefore, unpeeled slices should be put into tea in order to enhance the medicinal properties to combat colds.
Ascorbic acid is destroyed under the influence of high temperatures. That is why the lemon wedge is placed last. That is, first, tea is brewed, poured into a glass, and then, when the liquid has cooled down a little, citrus is added.
The benefits of lemon tea for weight loss
Many women who decide to get rid of extra pounds are looking for different diets. One of them is very simple: green tea with a lemon wedge. If you drink a cup of lemon drink before eating, you can not only reduce your appetite, but also cleanse your body of accumulated toxins. But it is they that do not allow the body to function normally.
Advice! When mint is added, the beneficial properties of tea are increased, since cholesterol is further broken down.
Weight loss is also optimized because green tea contains polyphenols and flavonoids. But, despite the benefits of a lemon drink, you should consult with specialists, since there are a number of contraindications. Instead of benefit, irreparable harm can be done.
How to drink lemon tea for weight loss
Lemon tea made according to any recipe is very healthy. But you cannot use it without measure:
- Doctors recommend drinking no more than 4 tbsp. tea. This amount must be distributed throughout the day, and it is undesirable to drink tea after 7 pm.
- Green tea is consumed before meals, it can not only satisfy hunger, but also reduce appetite.
- For weight loss, it should be understood that the total volume of liquid should not be more than 1.5 liters, including green tea.
In order for black tea with lemon to turn out to be of high quality and bring benefits, not harm, you need to know some secrets:
- For brewing, use good tea, preferably leaf tea.
- Brew a new drink before each tea party.
- It is not recommended to add granulated sugar and its substitutes to lemon tea.
- You need to take lemon liquid half an hour before meals.
- You cannot drink at night, as you can lose sleep.
Warning! In no case should you replace your meal with a tea drink.
Is it possible to drink lemon tea during pregnancy
Pregnant women, if they have no contraindications, are not prohibited from drinking tea with lemons. This drink, with its low calorie content and the presence of vitamins and minerals, allows you to cope with toxicosis.
It is not always possible to avoid colds during pregnancy. And doctors do not recommend to abuse medicines. In this case, brewed tea with a lemon wedge is an excellent option for protecting the body from colds.
If you want to pamper yourself with such a drink, then during pregnancy it is better to give up green tea and brew black tea. Better yet, pour boiling water over the chamomile and add a slice of lemon. Or, in addition to lemon, add mint leaves, lemon balm to the drink. It will turn out not only tasty, but also healthy.
Attention! Some women before pregnancy were addicted to tea with ginger. To avoid problems, it is better to refuse such a drink.
How to make lemon tea
Tea ceremonies are a real sacrament, an art that must be learned in order to get an excellent drink that retains all its beneficial properties. In China, this art begins to be taught from early childhood.
Secrets of the right tea
- The teapot must be dry and clean. It must be doused with boiling water.
- After that, boiling water is poured into the dishes to half the volume and cooled to 80-90 degrees.
- The amount of infusion is calculated as follows: for 200 ml of water - 15 g of tea.
- Pour the tea leaves, cover the teapot with a lid, and on top with a towel, wait 2-3 minutes.
- The contents are stirred, the resulting foam is immersed in a liquid.
- Then add boiled water.
That's it, the tea drink is ready, it remains to add citruses to it. To enhance the beneficial properties and taste, oranges, rose hips, cinnamon, chamomile, linden flowers, mint or lemon balm are often added to black or green tea with lemon.
Hot green drink
Green tea has not only a special taste, it also tones up and has antiseptic properties. When combined with lemon, these qualities are enhanced.
- tea leaves - 1 tsp;
- boiling water - 200 ml;
- lemon to taste.
How to cook:
- Pour the tea leaves into a warmed-up cup, fill with water, the temperature of which is not higher than 90 degrees.
- Cover with a towel and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Separate the leaves from the liquid. Add water.
- Add citrus wedge or juice.
You need to drink a tasty and aromatic tea infusion on an empty stomach, if it is used for losing weight, or after eating, if it is used as a tonic and general tonic.
Cinnamon is often added to drinks for weight loss and for colds. Lemon and cinnamon tea also has diaphoretic properties. The drink is prepared just before use. You can drink no more than 4 tbsp. a day before meals.
To prepare a green drink you will need:
- 1 tsp infusions;
- 1 tbsp. hot water;
- 1 sprig of mint;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 1 lemon wedge.
- The initial stage is no different from the above recommendations.
- When the liquid has cooled down a little, put a cinnamon stick and mint, lemon.
- After 5 minutes, take out the cinnamon, and you can drink hot tea with mint and lemon.
In case of a cold or if you want to get rid of extra pounds, it is recommended to drink hot drinks, including tea with lemon. But some people prefer the drink cold, as citrus or other additives in it retain the beneficial properties better.
The lemon drink is especially valuable on hot summer days when you want to cool down. Guests at the party will not refuse either. It is not difficult to prepare such a drink, you can take as a basis any recipe for tea with lemon, prepare a healthy vitamin liquid and cool it well.
If you use the following recipe, then lemon tea will taste like soda, but only made at home.
To get a drink with bubbles you will need:
- tea leaves - 2 tsp;
- boiling water - 200 ml;
- carbonated water without additives - 150 ml.
How to make an unusual lemon tea:
- Prepare fresh tea leaves, let it brew and strain.
- After 10 minutes add citrus and let stand.
- Pour the liquid into the selected container with a lid, add sparkling water.
- Let it brew for 30 minutes, refrigerate and drink.
Limitations and contraindications
As noted, tea with mint, lemon, or other additives can be beneficial as well as harmful. Who is contraindicated in a tea drink with citrus:
- People with an allergic reaction.
- With some bowel diseases, in particular, with peptic ulcer.
- People with high stomach acidity need to be careful with lemon tea.
- A woman carrying or nursing a child should not switch to heavy consumption of a lemon drink. This product should be introduced gradually in small quantities and the baby's reaction should be observed.
Lemon tea is a great drink that not only quenches your thirst, but also contains a lot of nutrients. It is not difficult to prepare a tea infusion, there would only be a desire.