We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The health benefits of dandelion syrup are varied. They have long been successfully used in traditional medicine in many countries. Syrup is easy to prepare, but there are many ways to do it.
Healing properties of dandelion syrup
Dandelion syrup is rich in beneficial properties due to its rich chemical composition. The energy value of the product at the output is approximately 180-200 kcal per 100 g. So, the syrup contains the following useful substances:
- phosphorus, P - is necessary for muscle and mental activity, takes part in most chemical reactions in the body, metabolism, cell growth, the state of the heart, nervous, bone and other systems depend on it;
- potassium, K - improves heart rhythm, conduction of nerve impulses, brain activity, and also regulates the concentration of salts in the body, which prevents the formation of edema;
- calcium, Ca - important for growth, dental health, affects blood clotting, provides muscle contraction and much more;
- iron, Fe - delivers oxygen to muscles and other internal organs, is necessary for the normal course of metabolic processes, helps the immune system to resist the aggressive influence of the external environment;
- zinc, Zn - provides a normal level of testosterone, protects against many male diseases, supports the functioning of many systems, including the immune, nervous, improves metabolism;
- manganese, Mn - regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism, insulin production, the process of tissue repair (muscle, connective), is needed for the speedy healing of wounds;
- vitamin C,
- tocopherol is an antioxidant, a fat-soluble vitamin E, it supports the functioning of all body systems, actively fights against age-related pathological changes;
- B-group vitamins - support the emotional background of a person, help fight stress and depression, strengthen immunity, bowel and muscle function;
- vitamin K - prevents the development of bleeding, improves blood clotting, strengthens connective tissues, bones, participates in protein synthesis;
- vitamin PP - strengthens blood vessels, participates in the formation of many important enzymes and hormones (insulin, testosterone, cortisol and others).
The beneficial properties of dandelion syrup have been used by humans for centuries. It has a therapeutic effect of a very different orientation. Dandelion syrup is prized for its help in healing and rebuilding the liver. Biologically active substances cleanse the organ of toxins, regenerate cells, and promote better bile flow. In addition to choleretic and cleansing properties, dandelion syrup has a number of other beneficial effects:
- strengthens the central nervous system;
- enhances muscle tone;
- increases appetite;
- improves digestion;
- reduces the acidity of the stomach;
- stimulates metabolism;
- heals the joints;
- restores the skin.
In childhood, dandelion syrup is very useful, as it contains a rich vitamin and mineral composition, helps to strengthen the immune system. With its help, it is easier to treat colds and coughs.
How to make dandelion flower syrup
There are many recipes on how to make dandelion syrup. In any case, 2 ingredients should be present: these are bright yellow dandelion heads and granulated sugar. Everything else is at the discretion of the cook.
Without heat treatment
Put the dandelion flowers tightly in a 3 liter jar, sprinkle with layers of sugar, which will need about 1.5 kg. Leave to infuse until sticky juice comes out at the neck of the jar. Drink 1 tsp. 50 ml of warm water for pain in the liver, cholelithiasis, hepatic and intestinal colic.
Attention! There is another way to make syrup. Grind 1 kg of dandelions in a meat grinder with 2 kg of sugar, put in a warm place for a day. The resulting syrup is then stored in the refrigerator.
The classic way
Dandelion syrup is also called honey because the two products are very similar in smell, taste and consistency.
- inflorescences - 400 pcs.;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- water 0.5 l;
- citric acid - 1 tsp
Rinse the inflorescences well and fill them with water for a day so that it completely covers them. Then squeeze the flowers and pour 0.5 liters of water. Boil over medium heat for 20 minutes. Wash and chop one lemon, add to the saucepan, as well as sugar and citric acid.
Boil for another 10 minutes, and then remove from heat until cool. Strain through cheesecloth, simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Pour into dry sterile jars and seal. Take 2 tbsp. on an empty stomach several times a day.
With prolonged use of dandelion syrup, noise in the head, dizziness, sclerosis disappears, and memory improves. The medicine relieves intestinal colic in infants and adults. For this, 8-20 drops of syrup in half a glass of warm water is enough.
Dandelion syrup rules
Using medicinal dandelion syrup in food, you must remember that this is a fairly high-calorie product, since it contains a lot of sugar. Therefore, it is better to add sweet mass to tea as a sweetener. Care must be taken that the drink is not hot, otherwise many vitamins will be lost.
Drinking herbal tea sweetened with dandelion syrup should be done on an empty stomach so that all the nutrients are absorbed. Then the drink will show its healing properties to the fullest.
Limitations and contraindications
There are no strict contraindications for taking dandelion medicine, but there are a number of restrictions or warnings about possible side effects. Sweet honey can be given even to young children, it will be very useful for them, especially during the period of spring hypovitaminosis. But still, you need to remember about some restrictions when taking dandelion syrup:
- hypoacid gastritis;
- blockage of the bile ducts;
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- a tendency to diarrhea;
Attention! When harvesting dandelions for making syrup, you need to remember about environmental friendliness. Collect inflorescences should only be in clean places, not contaminated with industrial waste, as well as as far as possible from highways.
How to store dandelion syrup
The benefits and harms of dandelion syrup largely depend on how the product is stored. A spoiled medicine is unlikely to come in handy in the winter. Therefore, in order for it to stand for a long time, it is necessary to cook using heat treatment and roll it up in the traditional way (like ordinary jam). You can also preserve dandelion honey with an alcoholic filling. To do this, add a certain amount of vodka or alcohol to the sweet solution, leave for 1-3 weeks.
If dandelion syrup is prepared naturally, without using fire, it is better to add a little citric acid to it for better preservation. Store in the refrigerator on the top shelf. Dandelion syrup can be frozen in small portioned glasses. In winter, take out a little and add to tea.
The beneficial properties of dandelion syrup are needed at any age for both adults and children. Sweet fortified honey will help you survive the season of colds, hypovitaminosis and stay healthy and energetic all winter.