We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Morel is the first spring mushroom, it begins to grow as soon as the winter crust of snow melts. These mushrooms are edible, have a unique composition and balanced taste. Pickled morel mushrooms lie for a long time and will be an excellent appetizer for a festive and ordinary table. Making them is not difficult if you take into account the recommendations.
Is it possible to pickle morel mushrooms
You can pickle morel mushrooms; if you follow the recipe, there will be no risk of poisoning. You also need to distinguish the variety from the lines - morels are tasty and healthy, but the latter are unsafe for health. Raw lines are deadly poisonous. During heat treatment, hazardous substances are partially destroyed, but the risks of poisoning cannot be completely excluded. The main visual differences between mushrooms are an uneven cap, a thick stitching stem. Morels are more rounded or ovoid, sometimes their caps are cone-shaped.
Pickling is the most popular way to handle and store mushrooms. Vinegar and citric acid kill almost all known germs, including the causative agent of botulism. There are recipes with vegetable oil, sugar - these products are also natural preservatives, do not contain harmful substances.
Important! Marinade with citric acid will be more gentle than with vinegar, since this component does not have a negative effect on the liver and gastrointestinal tract.
The marinated appetizer turns out to be tasty, spicy, tender. It will be very useful in winter - for a festive table or an ordinary dinner. It is advisable to put jars for storage in a refrigerator, pantry, cellar or other dark place.
Preparing morels for pickling
The variety is prepared for pickling in the same way as all other mushrooms. After collection, it is cleaned of earth and debris with a dry cloth, washed under running water. Worm-eaten specimens are thrown away. It is not advisable to pickle old ones - they turn out to be spongy, tasteless. If there are doubts about the origin, type of mushroom, it is better not to risk it and throw it away. To evaluate the appearance of morels, it is convenient to use specialized literature or thematic Internet resources.
The hats from the legs can be detached or left as they are. There will be more legs, the sizes of the mushrooms are also different - you can put all together or separately large, separately small mushrooms in the jars. It should be borne in mind that morels decrease during cooking.
Important! Hats and feet may darken after cleaning. To prevent this from happening, they must be immersed in salted water with a small amount of acetic acid.
According to the traditional recipe, the films are removed. It is difficult and time-consuming to do it manually with a knife, the process will accelerate if you lower the caps in boiling water for about a minute. Legs, if they are also pickled, need to be cleaned of debris and sand, scrape off the black parts with a knife.
How to pickle morel mushrooms
You can pickle morels in any of the following ways. Mushrooms are tasty and spicy. Fans of unusual dishes can be recommended to add garlic, cloves, herbs to the marinade.
A simple recipe for pickled morels
Marinating the variety is easy using the following recipe. The taste is excellent, the finished dish is stored for a long time.
- 2 kg of mushrooms;
- sugar with salt to taste;
- bay leaf - 4-5 pieces;
- peppercorns - 6-7 pieces;
- dill, cloves to taste;
- 30 ml vinegar.
- Pour mushrooms with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, constantly skimming off the foam.
- Throw the hats with legs in a colander, pour clean water, salt, after boiling, cook for 20 minutes.
- Change the water again, add spices and salt.
- Pour in vinegar, stir.
Done - it remains to pour into jars, cool, roll up.
Pickled Chinese Morels
Mushrooms in Chinese are a spicy appetizer that will appeal to spicy lovers. Products:
- morels 2 kg;
- 120 ml of oil and vinegar;
- garlic (prongs) to taste;
- 2 tbsp. l. soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds;
- a pinch of ground coriander;
- 8 black peppercorns;
- 5 bay leaves;
- dill, parsley;
Boil the mushrooms in slightly salted water and boil for a quarter of an hour after they boil, drain, let cool.
- Make a marinade from water, vinegar, spices - for this, all the ingredients are added to the water, boiled for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the prepared morels with marinade.
All - the seaming is poured into cans and put into the refrigerator.
Pickled morels with sugar
For morels, marinade is made, including just with sugar and salt. Products:
- 2 kg of mushrooms;
- sugar and salt;
- garlic 6 heads;
- bay leaf 5 sheets;
- dill, cloves, pepper to taste;
- Mushrooms are thoroughly washed, large ones are cut into pieces.
- Prepared raw materials are put into a container, filled with water.
- Add sugar, salt, seasonings.
- Pour vinegar, boil for half an hour over low heat. The foam is removed as it forms.
- Taste the marinade, add salt if necessary.
- The cooled workpiece is laid out in dry clean jars, poured with marinade.
You can add a little oil - a natural safe preservative.
Fragrant pickled morels with spices
To make morels with spices tasty, they need to be disassembled, sorted, soaked for a couple of hours in cold water. Water is drained from dirty mushrooms (for example, if there is a lot of forest debris in it). Other products:
- water - 4 liters per 2 kg of mushrooms;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- salt and sugar;
- peppercorns - 10 peas;
- cloves to taste;
- bay leaf - 4-5 pieces;
- vinegar essence - 120 ml;
- vegetable oil (spoon per jar 0.5-1 l).
- You need to boil twice - first before boiling and 10 minutes after. Then remove the foam, drain the water, wash the mushrooms with water and set to cook again.
- The second cooking is 30 minutes. It is also necessary to rinse the raw materials after it.
- The marinade is prepared from water, vinegar, oil, boiled for 15 minutes.
- Hot boiled mushrooms are laid out in a jar, filled with marinade.
Before you roll up the jars with lids, a spoonful of sunflower oil is poured into each one. That's all - you can roll it up.
Terms and conditions of storage
Fresh morels for 2-3 days, frozen - practically without restrictions, but after freezing, the taste deteriorates. To extend the shelf life, the product must be filled with water or pickled. Pickled morels without sterilization lie in the refrigerator for up to a year - it is advisable to use them during this period. If the jars have been sterilized, the shelf life is increased.
Important! Sterilization of cans prolongs the process of making homemade seams, it is quite possible to do without it.
The vinegar in the marinade prevents mold growth. You can replace it with sugar or butter - also natural preservatives that are harmless to the intestines.
Pickled morel mushrooms are a delicious appetizer, an addition to any meal. You can make a dish at home yourself - the main thing is to understand the differences between morels and lines, remove all suspicious mushrooms, carry out a complete preparation of raw materials, and make a high-quality marinade. Sterilization prolongs the life of the seaming, but you can skip it.