We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Few doubt the usefulness of chokeberry or black chokeberry, but preparations from it are not as popular as from other fruits and berries. The whole problem is in some astringency of its fruits, as well as in the fact that they contain a little juice. But that is precisely why chokeberry through a meat grinder will be the best solution for those who still doubt whether to cook something from this berry or not. After all, the grated berry reveals its taste and useful properties much easier, and getting rid of astringency is also not a problem.
In the article you can find a variety of recipes for jam from chokeberry berries passed through a meat grinder.
Secrets of making chokeberry jam through a meat grinder
For the production of jam, exclusively ripe black chokeberry berries are used. Moreover, it is better if they were harvested after the first frost - the taste of the jam in this case will be much higher.
Collected or purchased fruits must be sorted out, removing spoiled and especially small ones. After all, only large fruits will make the most delicious and healthy jam. All tails and leaves are also removed from the fruits, and then they must be washed under running water.
If the main problem in chokeberry is its astringency, then it is easy to deal with it. Sorted out, freed from tails and washed berries must be blanched. This can be done in two ways:
- pour boiling water over them and, covering them with a lid, hold them in this state for several minutes;
- immerse in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then drain the water through a colander.
But some even like the well-known astringency of the blackberry, so the berries should be blanched exclusively at will.
Many are not delighted with the dry consistency of chokeberry fruits - this is where passing them through a meat grinder can help. Because in this way it turns out to extract as much juice as possible from the fruit. And the addition of various contrasting fruits and berries to the black chokeberry will enrich the taste of the jam from it.
The amount of sugar added to chokeberry jam depends on the specific recipe. But you should not save much on it, since sugar will help soften and reveal all the flavoring possibilities of this berry.
The classic recipe for chokeberry through a meat grinder
According to this recipe, jam can be made in less than an hour, and it requires a minimum of ingredients:
- 2 kg of chokeberry;
- 1 kg of sugar.
- The washed berries are first blanched in boiling water and then passed through a meat grinder.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Place the container with the jam on low heat, heat until boiling and cook for 5 minutes.
- They are laid out on clean glass jars, covered with lids and sterilized in boiling water for 15 minutes (half-liter jars).
- After sterilization, jars of jam are immediately tightened with boiled metal lids.
Chokeberry through a meat grinder with apples
According to this recipe, the jam turns out to be almost classic, in it you can feel both the delicate texture of the jam and individual pieces of fruit.
You will need:
- 1.5 kg of chokeberry;
- 1.5 kg of juicy sour apples, like Antonovka;
- 2.3 kg of granulated sugar;
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Blackberry berries prepared in a standard way are divided into 2 halves. One half is set aside, and the other is passed through a meat grinder.
- The apples are also washed, the seeds are removed from them and the peel is removed if it is too thick.
- Divide the apples into 2 equal parts: one part is also passed through a meat grinder, and the other is cut into small cubes or slices.
- Combine minced fruits and berries with sugar in one saucepan and place on fire.
- The remaining parts of apples and blackberries are added there, everything is thoroughly mixed and heated to a boil.
- Boil for 6-8 minutes and set aside to cool for several hours.
- Then it is brought to a boil again, boiled for about 10 minutes and hot packed in sterile jars.
Attention! Practically according to the same recipe, you can also make delicious blackberry jam with pears.
Blanks for the winter: chokeberry through a meat grinder without heat treatment
This preparation can be fully considered a natural medicine - after all, absolutely all useful substances are stored in it, which save from the following ailments:
- high blood pressure;
- malfunctions of the endocrine system;
- fatigue, insomnia, and headaches;
- weakened immunity;
To prepare it you will need:
- 500 g of blackberry berries, already ground through a meat grinder;
- 500 g of sugar.
The manufacturing process is incredibly simple.
- The berries are first blanched in boiling water.
- Then grind through a meat grinder.
- Mix with sugar and leave to completely dissolve sugar in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Then the resulting jam is laid out on glass jars scalded with boiling water and tightened with sterile lids.
- Store such a blank exclusively in the refrigerator.
Chokeberry through a meat grinder: jam with citric acid
According to this recipe you will need:
- 1 kg blackberry;
- 1200 g sugar;
- 2 lemons or 1 tsp citric acid;
- 200 g of water.
- The blackberry and lemon, freed from the seeds, are passed through a meat grinder and combined with half of the sugar prescribed in the recipe.
- The remaining half of the sugar is dissolved in water, the syrup is brought to a boil.
- If citric acid is used, then it is added to the syrup at the time of boiling.
- The grated fruit and berry mass is added to the sugar syrup, boiled over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- While hot, the jam is distributed over sterile dishes and rolled up for the winter.
Delicious recipe for chokeberry and orange jam through a meat grinder
According to this recipe, you can make delicious black mountain ash jam with a very rich composition, which can become a source of pride for the hostess.
- 1 kg blackberry;
- 500 g of oranges;
- 300 g lemons;
- 2 kg of granulated sugar;
- 200 g of shelled walnuts;
- Aronia berries, prepared in a standard way, and nuts are rolled through a meat grinder.
- Oranges and lemons are scalded with boiling water, cut into several pieces and all seeds are removed from the pulp.
- Then the citrus fruits are also rolled through a meat grinder, and together with the peel.
- Combine all the crushed components in one large container, add sugar, mix thoroughly and put on fire.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat, cook for 7-10 minutes and, in a boiling state, lay out in sterile containers.
- Tighten hermetically and, turning the neck down, wrap it up until it cools.
From this amount of ingredients, about 3.5 liters of ready-made jam is obtained.
Plum and black chokeberry jam through a meat grinder
Using the same technology, jam is prepared from the following components:
- 1.7 kg blackberry berries;
- 1.3 kg of plums;
- 1 large lemon;
- 2.5 kg of granulated sugar.
Attention! Only the cooking time in this case can be increased to 15-20 minutes.
"Cherry" blackberry jam through a meat grinder
When adding cherry leaves to black chokeberry jam, there will be a feeling that the blank is made of natural cherry.
You will need:
- 1 kg blackberry;
- 100 cherry leaves;
- 500 ml of water;
- 1 kg of sugar.
- The cherry leaves are boiled in water for about 10 minutes. The broth is filtered.
- The blackberry is passed through a meat grinder, sugar and a decoction from the leaves are added, boiled for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside for a couple of hours, boil again and cook for 20 minutes.
- Set it aside again, boil it for the third time and, spreading the jam in the jars, tighten it tightly.
Rules for storing blackberry jam through a meat grinder
If there are no special instructions in the recipe, then blackberry jam can be stored in a cool place without exposure to light. But if possible, it is better to use the cellar.
Chokeberry through a meat grinder may well replace cherry jam and other berry jams. And its unique healing properties will help to cope with many ailments.