The Santa Claus mitten salad recipe is not difficult even for novice cooks, and the result will delight households and guests. An unusual dish in the shape of a red mitten is a delicious and beautiful dish that will be a wonderful decoration for a festive table.
How to cook New Year's salad Mitten
Cheese stars give the salad a New Year's look
The festive look of the salad is achieved thanks to its resemblance to a red winter mitten. This color is obtained through the use of products such as crab meat, red caviar, carrots, fish. A white fluffy cuff is made with mayonnaise, sour cream, chicken protein. The flat surface of the mittens can be decorated to your taste: draw snowflakes or frosty patterns with sauce, lay out berries or chopped vegetables in the shape of stars.
It is better to serve the finished salad on a plain wide dish - this is how it will look the most spectacular and festive. On a colorful plate, the "mitten" can simply get lost.
Classic salad mitten with red fish
There are many variations of this delicate and beautiful dish. The classic version is the Santa Claus mitten salad with red fish. Its components are quite expensive, but it is they that give the amazing taste and festive appearance.
- salmon - 130 g;
- squid - 2 pcs.;
- shrimp - 250 g;
- rice - 140 g;
- red caviar - 50-60 g;
- chicken egg - 2-3 pcs.;
- avocado - 1 pc.;
- mayonnaise - 5 tbsp. l .;
- half a lemon.
Advice! The composition of the salad can be changed as you wish. If necessary, expensive products are replaced with more affordable options, for example, cucumbers, potatoes, champignons, crab sticks.
Step-by-step production of salad:
- Squid carcasses are boiled in boiling water for several minutes and finely chopped or grated.
- Do the same with shrimp. They take a little longer to cook: fresh ones are cooked for 6 minutes, frozen ones - about 10 minutes.
- Chopped seafood is mixed with one tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- The peeled avocado is cut into cubes and poured over with the juice of half a lemon.
- Boiled chicken eggs are peeled and separated into white and yolk. Then they are crushed on a grater without mixing with each other.
- Rice is boiled for a little less than half an hour and mixed with red caviar and mayonnaise.
- Now you can start laying out all the ingredients in the mold. Any flat plate or bowl will work for this. The ingredients are put in the following order: rice with caviar, fish, avocado, a mixture of shrimp and squid.
- The surface of the dish is covered with another layer of red fish, completing the "mitten" look. The lapel can be made by mixing the grated egg whites and the sauce.
Before putting the dish on the festive table, it is recommended to decorate and cool it.
Salad Santa Claus mitten with chicken
"Mitten" is not only red: grated yolk is often used as a sprinkle
Another popular recipe for this New Year's salad suggests using chicken instead of red fish.
- chicken leg, fillet or breast - 250 g;
- potatoes - 2-3 pcs.;
- cucumber - 2 pcs.;
- chicken egg - 3-4 pcs.;
- cheese - 120 g;
- Korean carrots - 100 g;
- mayonnaise - 5 tbsp. l .;
- black pepper, salt.
Step-by-step process of making a New Year's dish:
- Chicken meat is peeled and washed with cold water. Next, it must be boiled. To do this, they are dipped in a small saucepan with water and put on high heat. The broth obtained after boiling is drained, and the chicken is poured with boiling water, salted and cooked over low heat for 30-40 minutes. After the finished product has cooled, it must be cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Chicken eggs are boiled hard-boiled, peeled and grated.
- Potatoes are boiled directly in the peel, and then tinder on a grater with large holes.
- Cucumbers and cheese are ground in a similar manner. It is better to use hard types of cheese - it will be easier to cut them this way.
- After preparing all the ingredients, you can start laying out the salad in the dish. This requires a flat and wide plate. At its bottom, a mitten is painted with mayonnaise. A pastry cone will make this process easier and faster.
- The products are laid out on the finished drawing in the following sequence: meat, potatoes, cucumbers, cheese, eggs. Between themselves they are coated with mayonnaise or other chosen sauce.
- The last layer is carrots. It is due to its bright color that the similarity of the salad with Santa Claus's mitten is achieved. A light lapel is made with cheese.
Immediately after cooking, it is recommended to put the salad in a cold place for at least an hour. Before serving, it is garnished with berries, chopped vegetables, or sauce drawings.
You can cook Korean carrots yourself. To do this, the vegetable chopped with a grater is mixed with vinegar, vegetable oil, garlic, sugar. The resulting dish is left to infuse for an hour at room temperature.
How to make Santa Claus mitten salad with crab sticks
Before serving, the salad can be painted with mayonnaise or other sauce.
Another available photo recipe for this dish is the Santa Claus Mitten salad with crab sticks. Unlike previous options, the ingredients of this salad are mixed, rather than stacked in layers. When choosing ingredients, you should give preference to the freshest and highest quality products.
- rice - ½ tbsp.;
- chicken egg - 2-3 pcs.;
- crab sticks or crab meat - 200 g;
- cucumbers - 90 g;
- canned corn - 1/2 tbsp.;
- cheese - 70 g;
- salt and other spices.
Cooking salad in stages:
- Eggs are boiled and peeled. The whites and yolks are separated from each other and grated. In the future, protein is used only as a decoration for a dish.
- The rice, boiled until tender, is cooled and mixed with corn and yolks. It's important to remember to drain the corn can before adding it to the salad.
- Then add fresh cucumbers, cut into small cubes.
- Grated cheese, mayonnaise, salt are added to the resulting mass. Other spices can be used as desired.
- From the crushed and mixed ingredients, a mitten is formed at the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Crab sticks are placed on top. The cuff of a mitten can be made from proteins mixed with mayonnaise.
Important! To flatten the crab meat, it is placed under a press, which can be used as a wooden cutting board.
Salad recipe Santa Claus mitten with red fish, chicken or crab sticks is useful for every housewife to know. This festive dish will be appreciated by both adults and children.