We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The recipe for lemon basil drink is simple and quick, it is prepared in just 10 minutes. It is considered universal - you can drink it hot and cold, with or without added sugar, besides, it perfectly quenches your thirst.
Why is a basil and lemon drink useful?
The plant contains many essential oils, it is they that determine the beneficial properties of a refreshing and pleasant-tasting drink. Lemonade made according to any of the recipes has unique qualities:
They are endowed with a drink due to the fact that camphor, linalool, eugenol are present in the list of oils. Experts advise drinking this lemonade during colds and acute respiratory infections, as well as an effective remedy for throat infections.
The beneficial properties of the lemon basil drink are due to the presence of tannins, which help to get rid of numerous diseases. Drinking it daily, you can forget about gum disease, diarrhea, and increased gas production.
Peppermint lemonade is a good remedy for insomnia. You need to drink it two hours before bedtime and preferably not cold, but slightly warmed up. It has a positive effect on the nervous system, helps to relax after a hard day and physical exertion. To achieve maximum effect, drink the drink for 2 weeks.
Mint helps to normalize digestion, so people with indigestion problems are advised to drink compote with it. But for patients with peptic ulcer and gastritis, before drinking lemonade, it is better to consult a doctor or refuse to use it altogether.
Basil drink recipes
A drink prepared according to any of the recipes, when cold, resembles a refreshing lemonade, and when warm, it resembles fruit tea or compote. Do not be afraid to use basil, because in combination with lemon it has not only a beautiful color, but also a pleasant taste. It can be prepared in a variety of ways by adding mint, lemon, ginger and other ingredients. But to make the compote healthier, after cooking it is cooled, and after that citrus juice is poured in, which immediately changes the color of the liquid. Some people add honey instead of sugar.
Lemonade with basil and lemon
To prepare a refreshing compote according to this recipe, you will need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1/2 lemon;
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar or 1/4 tbsp. honey.
You can make basil lemonade at home using this recipe like this:
- It is better to take purple or red plant varieties, because they are the ones that influence the color of the finished product. Wash well, remove the stems. It is recommended to pick a fresh plant by hand. To make lemonade, you can use dried leaves, which are immediately thrown into boiling water.
- Pour boiling water over the citrus, cut in half, one of them in circles.
- Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil, add sugar.
- Add basil and lemon. After boiling, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. At this time, you can see how the plant transfers its bright color to the drink.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
If the product is being prepared in winter, then you can immediately serve it while still warm to the table. And in the summer, it is cooled and served with ice cubes.
Advice! If you plan to add sugar to the recipe, then it is better to add it to a hot drink, and honey after the liquid has cooled to + 35 ° C, otherwise all its beneficial properties will disappear.
Basil drink with citric acid
Ingredients for this recipe:
- 300 g sugar;
- 50 g of basil;
- 4 liters of water;
- 1/2 tsp citric acid.
Homemade basil lemonade according to this recipe is prepared like this:
- Boil the water.
- Wash the plant thoroughly, tear off all the leaves from the stems, it is better to stop the choice on the grass with dark purple leaves.
- After boiling water, reduce the fire to a minimum, throw the leaves and add sugar. Boil for a few minutes, while the liquid will acquire a delicate green tint.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Pour in citric acid, at this moment a reaction will occur, the liquid will boil, and the drink will turn pink. The amount of sugar and acid can be adjusted according to personal preference, but the product should be sweet and sour.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
You can prepare a delicate fragrant product according to this recipe from the following ingredients:
- 10 branches of purple basil;
- 1 lemon;
- 1/2 tbsp. Sahara;
- 10 pieces. strawberries;
- 8 tbsp. water.
Step-by-step cooking according to this recipe:
- To please your family with a refreshing lemonade, you need to rinse the basil branches under running water and tear off the leaves. The stems are no longer needed.
- Pour the lemon over with boiling water, grate the zest, and cut the pulp into thin slices.
- Take a large container, pour water and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve all grains. Add plant leaves, lemon zest and pulp, cover and boil.
- Leave the drink to infuse so that the lemonade acquires a pale pink hue and a pleasant aroma.
- Strain through a sieve, cool and serve with ice cubes. You can also drink it warm.
- Add strawberries to the product after cooling.
Basil and mint lemonade
A drink with basil and mint has beneficial properties. This recipe does not provide for the cooking process, just pour boiling water over everything. It will require the following components:
- 5 branches of basil and mint;
- 1 lemon;
- 6 tbsp. water;
- honey or sugar to taste.
Step-by-step cooking technology according to this recipe:
- Put the washed leaves of both plants, sliced lemon into the jar.
- Pour all 2 tbsp. boiled water, close the lid and leave for half an hour.
- Top up the remaining liquid, sweeten it with honey or sugar.
Hot basil drink with lemon
To quickly warm up on a cold evening and prevent the development of respiratory diseases, you can quickly make a hot drink. Products:
- 2 lemons;
- 6 tbsp. water;
- 15 basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. honey.
The product according to this recipe is prepared as follows:
- Pour the lemon over with boiling water, cut into slices along with the zest.
- Put basil leaves, lemon in a blender bowl and mash everything.
- Transfer it to a jar, pour in only boiled water.
- Cool slightly and add honey.
- Drink warm.
This recipe can be varied to your taste, add strawberries, oranges, tangerines and other berries, citrus fruits and fruits.
Basil ginger lemonade with lemon
Products for this recipe:
- 1 lemon;
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 5-6 basil branches;
- 8 tbsp. water.
There are two ways to prepare a drink according to this recipe: the first involves boiling all the ingredients, and the second is mixing without boiling.
- Peel the lemon and cut into wedges.
- Wash the plant and cut off the leaves, they will be required for cooking.
- Wash, peel and grate the ginger root.
- If you use the first method, then put the ingredients in a saucepan, pour water and put on the stove, add sugar.
- After boiling, turn off the heat, cover and let it brew. Strain and refrigerate.
- If you want to preserve all the useful properties of the products, then put the leaves of the plant, lemon slices and ginger root in a decanter, crush with a crush, pour boiling water. Let it cool a little, then put honey.
Drink warm or chilled.
Kiwi and Basil Lemonade
You will need to prepare the following components:
- 10-12 basil leaves;
- 2 kiwi;
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar;
- 500 ml of water;
- 4 lemons.
Cooking steps for this recipe:
- Boil syrup: in 1 tbsp. pour the powder in water, boil until it is completely dissolved. Remove from stove, cool and refrigerate.
- Peel and cut kiwi into circles, put in a jar.
- Wash the basil leaves and throw into a container.
- Mash the contents of the jar with a pestle or wooden crush.
- Pour in the syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, mix.
- Put in the refrigerator.
Terms and conditions of storage
If the drink goes through the boiling process, then it can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days. And freshly made lemonade, which does not involve cooking the ingredients, can be served within 24 hours.
The basil lemon drink recipe will help keep warm in winter if consumed hot or refresh in hot weather - just serve it with ice cubes. It helps burn fat, strengthens the immune system, and prevents premature cell aging.
Video recipe for a drink with basil and lemon.