We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The outdoor pool is a great place to relax. However, with the onset of cold weather, the swimming season ends. Another disadvantage of an open font is that it quickly becomes clogged with dust, foliage and other debris. If you build a pool in a greenhouse at your dacha, the closed bowl will be protected from the harmful effects of the natural environment, and the swimming season can be extended until the onset of frost.
Varieties of hot tub greenhouses
Traditionally, a pool in a polycarbonate greenhouse is equipped at a summer cottage, but the definition of the type of structure is not limited to the choice of covering material. Due to the large amount of evaporation, a high level of humidity is constantly maintained inside the building. Not all materials are suitable for the greenhouse frame. The wood will quickly rot, and the ferrous metal will destroy the corrosion. To create a skeleton, stainless steel, aluminum, steel with a galvanized or polymer coating are suitable.
The next important choice is shape. In addition to aesthetics, a greenhouse for a hot tub must withstand wind loads and a large amount of precipitation.
A beautiful and durable pool in the country house in a greenhouse will have the following shapes:
- Arch. The roof of a semicircular structure is easy to manufacture, since polycarbonate bends easily. Snow slides off sloping surfaces. The arch is resistant to strong wind gusts.
- Dome. Greenhouses of this shape are built over round fonts. The design is difficult to manufacture and consumes a lot of material.
- One or two stingrays. The simplest version of a greenhouse for a font with flat walls is easy to build. However, the polycarbonate structure is weakly resistant, afraid of strong winds and heavy rainfall. The single slope option is not suitable for snowy regions.
- Asymmetrical shape. Typically, these pool greenhouses consist of a flat wall that merges into a large semicircle. A polycarbonate structure is difficult to manufacture and requires proper alignment with respect to the frequent wind direction.
The choice of the form of a polycarbonate shelter depends on the size of the pool, as well as for how many people the resting place is calculated for.
The size of the greenhouse is:
- Low. The polycarbonate construction is only intended to protect the water from clogging by acting as a cover. Above small pools, reclining tops are often placed, and large fonts are equipped with a sliding system.
- High. Looking at the photo of the pool in a polycarbonate greenhouse, we can confidently call the building a real resting place. Inside, under a transparent dome, folding furniture is placed, ornamental greenery is planted, and heating is carried out.
High greenhouses covered with polycarbonate are equipped with wide doors. The doors are made sliding, with a rise top or hinged.
Benefits of indoor hot tubs
A polycarbonate sheltered pool has many advantages:
- Polycarbonate and metal profile for the frame are considered environmentally friendly materials. Inside the greenhouse, chemical odors will not accumulate from heating the structure under the sun.
- The polycarbonate pool cover is durable and lightweight. If necessary, it can be moved to another place.
- Polycarbonate is resistant to aggressive weather conditions.
- A greenhouse effect is created inside the greenhouse. The intensity of evaporation of water from the pool decreases, the risk of reproduction of harmful microflora decreases. A polycarbonate domed hot tub is protected from debris clogging.
- Lightweight materials are convenient for self-erecting a shelter.
- The polycarbonate pavilion has good light transmission. The material is inexpensive and can last up to 10 years.
- The covered pool will be kept clean at all times. Rust will not peel off the stainless profile, and contaminated polycarbonate can be easily wiped off with a rag.
One point can be distinguished from the disadvantages. Polycarbonate is afraid of strong mechanical stress. To prevent falling branches from damaging the shelter, the pool is not placed under the trees.
Important! In order for the pool pavilion to serve for a long time, polycarbonate sheets with a thickness of at least 8 mm are used for shelter.
Font type selection and installation methods
If we briefly consider how to make a pool in a polycarbonate greenhouse, then work begins with the choice of size. The font should be enough for all family members to visit at the same time. By the type of installation, the bowls are buried, partially dug in or installed on the surface. The latter type includes a frame pool in a polycarbonate greenhouse or a small inflatable bowl. A fully buried font is considered the most reliable. At the dacha, you can make a bowl under a dome of two types of polycarbonate:
- Reinforced concrete hot tub is poured right inside the pit. At the bottom of the pit, a cushion of sand with gravel is poured and a reinforcing mesh is laid. First, the bottom of the bowl is poured from the solution. After the concrete has hardened, formwork is installed for pouring the walls. The finished bowl is showered with soil on the outside, and the inside is tiled, painted or otherwise finished.
- You can buy a polypropylene bowl ready-made, but it is expensive. It is better to solder the pool yourself from polypropylene sheets. A pit is dug for the bowl, and the bottom is concreted. On top of the frozen plate, sheets of polystyrene foam insulation are laid. Polypropylene is welded with a special soldering iron - extruder. First, the bottom of the pool is formed from the sheets, then the sides and the last ribs are soldered. Outside, the bowl is insulated with expanded polystyrene, and the gap between the sides and walls of the pit is poured with concrete.
Of the two options, a polypropylene pool is considered the best option. The bowl does not overgrow with silt, it is easy to clean, and retains heat for a long time.
Important! Concreting of the walls to strengthen the sides of the polypropylene pool is carried out simultaneously with the filling of the bowl with water. By equalizing the pressure difference, it is possible to avoid the formation of sagging of the font.
Installing a greenhouse for a hot tub
When the pool in the greenhouse is completed with their own hands, they begin to build the greenhouse. Construction work consists of the following steps:
- A site is marked around the pool. Pegs are driven in along the perimeter, and a construction cord is pulled between them.
- A ditch is dug along the markings to a depth of 25 cm. Fertile soil is sent to the beds. Under a sliding low greenhouse, concrete tape is poured along the entire perimeter. The posts of a stationary greenhouse can be fixed to a columnar foundation. In the second version, at the place of installation of the frame supports, recesses are dug for pouring concrete pillars.
- Formwork is built from the boards. A reinforcing frame with welded metal inserts is installed inside. The elements must protrude to the surface of the foundation. Racks or main guides of the greenhouse frame will be fixed to the mortgages. The foundation is poured with concrete solution in one day.
- Further work continues in at least 10 days. The formwork is dismantled from the foundation. The territory adjacent to the pool is covered with rubble and sand. After installing the polycarbonate shelter, paving slabs will be laid around the bowl.
- The frame is assembled by welding or bolts. In the first case, all joints are painted. Welding burns out the protective zinc or polymer coating. Aluminum profiles are bolted together. Stainless steel is not afraid of welding. The joints can only be sanded with a grinder.
- From the outside, a seal is glued to the frame of the greenhouse. Holes are drilled in the polycarbonate sheets and profile. The cut material is laid on the frame, fixing with special clips with thermal washers. The joints are hidden under the connecting profile.
At the end of the construction of the greenhouse, lighting is carried out inside, furniture is installed, flowers are planted in flowerpots.
The video shows a summer cottage pool in a greenhouse:
Arrangement of a hot tub for year-round recreation
The warmth inside the polycarbonate dome remains until the onset of severe cold weather. During the day, the space around the pool and the water will be warmed up by the sun. At night, some of the heat will be given back to the soil. With the arrival of the first frosts, there is little natural warming up. Artificial heating is installed for year-round use. The system must comply with safety requirements, since a high level of humidity is always maintained under the dome.
A do-it-yourself pool in a polycarbonate greenhouse built at the dacha will become a decoration of the yard and a favorite resting place for all family members.