We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The rose garden is one of the best decorations in the garden. In order for the flower garden to catch its eye, it is important to plan it correctly. It’s easy to make a decorative composition on the site with your own hands. It is necessary to choose a place and carry out preparatory work and decide what the design of the rosary will be, what soil is needed for roses, what materials will be needed for decoration.
Views and styles
Great decoration - roses in the garden. Making a rosary does not require too much effort. Before creating a perennial flower garden of roses near the house, you need to think about what you want to see in this corner, how it will look schematically. There are several types of design:
- romantic the rose garden will look good near the gazebo. It is distinguished by delicate shades. Such a flower garden in combination with tall plants creates an atmosphere of peace and comfort;
- ceremonial - It is a festive composition with bright, catchy colors, often contrasting. Here greens looks smart and elegant;
- visible on one side. A good option for a small plot. With such a rose garden you can decorate a fence or wall. To create it, park tall roses are placed in the background, ground cover in the foreground, and looped, medium-sized flowers closer to the edges;
- visible from different angles. For this rosary, flowers should be planted from the center to the edges. The highest plants are located inside. They are surrounded by medium-sized flowers. Undersized varieties complete the composition;
- vertical. Perennial weaving roses will splendidly decorate the gazebo or arch, covering the entire structure with time;
- rose garden - rock garden. For it, ground cover varieties are used that are unpretentious in care and bloom profusely. Due to the fact that roses of this type grow well, they soon turn into a colorful fragrant carpet.
- mobile rose garden - A mobile flower garden, which is arranged in flowerpots and containers. It looks very good at the entrance, along the paths in sunny places. Abundantly flowering, low varieties are most suitable for it. For the winter, the containers are cleaned in a warm room.
Next, you should decide on the style of the rosary. The most common in modern design are:
regular style, which is a flowerbed of regular geometric shape (round, oval, rectangular). It is bordered with pebbles, small stones and crumbs of brick or marble. This style is suitable for large areas. A nice addition will be garden decorations and a lawn.
- landscape. With this style, you do not have to follow a strict landing procedure. Its characteristic feature is the combination of plants of various sizes, shapes and colors. Such a flower garden can decorate a pond or small area.
When determining the pattern of planting roses in a flower garden, special attention must be paid to the color palette. To dilute excessive brightness, you can use evergreen stands or perennials.
Applying fern or coniferous plants to the landscape composition, you can create an original rosary design. The main thing is to make the right choice with which to plant roses on a flower bed.
- In the spacious gardens, the paths that run from the entrance area with roses arranged along them, look great. For miniature borders polyanthus roses are more suitable, in wide discounts you can plant scrubs.
- Roses in flower beds are planted in rows up to 4 m. It can be plants of any garden groups. In the foreground, flower beds have dwarf and groundcover flowers. They must be planted tightly to each other in such a way as to obtain a continuous carpet covering the soil.
- Polymer planting. For single plantings, choose the most abundantly flowering and attractive roses with a beautiful bush shape. The most suitable for this role are climbing, scrubs or standard varieties. These flowering trees are tied with a rope to a peg so that the trunk does not break.
- Hedge. Flowers for such a rosary should bloom long and plentifully. The most suitable option is a wrinkled rose (rosehip). This wild plant today has many attractive varieties. Most often, low-growing plants (up to 1 m tall) are used to equip a single-row hedge. Between the bushes should be a distance of 50−70 mm. For a multi-row hedge, which consists of two or three varieties, roses of different heights are taken. In the foreground, lower ones are planted, then medium and high. They plant flowers in a checkerboard pattern, keeping a distance equal to half their height between plants.
- Flowers in floor containers look great in the gazebo and on the terrace. The depth of the container for miniature roses should be about 25 cm, for a patio - not less than 35 cm, for all others - from 40 to 50 cm.
Selection of composition by color
One of the main nuances guaranteeing a magnificent landscape landscape is the combination of roses in color. According to existing rules, one-color plants are planted in 3-5 bushes, and two-color roses are planted separately. To arrange a beautiful flower garden, it is important to observe the height of the plantings and the same flowering period.
Creating monorozaries is the most complex process that requires the right combination of roses of various heights. You can add other plants to the composition by combining them in associative opposing shades.
To create a landscape attractive for a long time, you can plant decorative cereals at the foot of roses, decorating the background with coniferous plants. Thus, the flower garden will attract attention not only during flowering, but also after.
Monochrome color scheme involves the selection of roses of the same color, within which various shades are combined. It turns out a soft stylish transition. You can select several colors: white, yellow, pink, red, etc. They need to be stained depending on the color intensity in different corners of the garden.
The monochrome group created by different varieties of roses inside the color looks interesting. You can support the rose garden with other perennial plants: hydrangea, delphinium, lavender, etc.
Another color option: two contrasting colors are combined into one group. Keep in mind that white will contrast with any other. He attracts attention.
Examples of contrasting combinations:
- yellow with violet (lilac or lilac);
- green with red;
- blue with orange.
The contrast design of the rosary is bright and juicy. Such a flower garden always attracts attention.
Choosing colors that are close in color (warm to warm, cold to cold) in one rosary group, they get color combinations that are pleasant to the eyes. For example:
- orange and yellow with red;
- lilac and pink with lilac;
- green with white.
White color with green gives a natural, exquisitely sophisticated combination.
When choosing the most suitable place for the rosary, certain nuances should be taken into account:
- a place for a flower garden should be protected from the wind and well-lit by the sun. If roses planted in the shade, they will grow one-sided. For the normal development of plants, the ideal location would be to arrange the rosary so that the flowers are protected from the sun for about three hours a day by partial shade, and the rest of the time they are under the sun;
- An important role is played by the quality of the soil. Undesirably high moisture content. It is recommended to plant rose bushes in light, drained loam. The acidity of the soil should be 5.5-6.5;
- the place most suitable for arranging a flower garden is a site near the arbor;
- for varieties of roses with abundant flowering, an excellent location near a pond is excellent.
Varieties of roses for the rosary
Roses are divided into several varieties. They are short, medium high. The first include decorative and border plants, with a maximum height of up to 35 cm. A characteristic feature of such varieties is a lot of inflorescences and an abundance of leaves. For the winter they are covered with a film or placed in specially designed facilities for warming flowers.
The most popular undersized varieties of roses include Duty, Clementine, Baby Masquerade.
Of great interest are roses creeping on the ground. They create the effect of a luxurious carpet, fragrant with a magnificent aroma. Such varieties are ideal for a rose garden in a summer cottage. They do not require special care and protect the soil from weed grass.
This species represents the Austin variety - a plant with voluminous and lush flowers, abundantly blooming. Reach a height of 85 cm.
No less famous is the tea-hybrid variety, up to one meter high. This species has a delicate smell and a unique arrangement of inflorescences. Such roses continue to bloom even in small frosts.
The height of Floribunda varieties may exceed 1 meter. These plants bloom profusely for a long time. On one shoot is often located about a dozen inflorescences.
Shrub roses, used to decorate parks, also belong to this species. This variety can be distinguished from another by its unique appearance and special repetitive flowering. Advantages include resistance to frost and pests.
High grades reach 1.3 meters, and climbing ones up to 6 meters. The buds of such roses are opened only once a year. A significant area will need to be allocated for their landing.
To beautifully arrange your own rose garden, you need to do the following.
- Having determined the type of rosary and choosing a place for it, get to work. The first thing to do is prepare the site, which should be sunny and not blown. You need to free it from weeds and debris. The soil should be well-drained, in no case clay. It is advisable to take care of the soil in advance. In order to plant roses in the fall, in mid-summer, the site must be dug up to a depth of approximately 60 cm, the top layer is loosened and fertilizer applied.
- Make holes approximately 70 cm deep; from 25 cm to 1.5 m wide, depending on the plant variety. If your site has groundwater at a depth of more than one meter, you can do without drainage. Otherwise, it is necessary to put small stones, expanded clay or gravel into the bottom of each hole, and cover it with earth on top.
- For planting, prepare seedlings once, pruning the roots to a length of 30–35 cm, remove damaged ones. Shorten the part remaining above the ground to 3 strong shoots. There should be no leaves on the handle.
- If the plant was previously planted in a pot or container, it is removed and planted in the prepared hole, after wetting the earthen lump so that it does not crumble. Depending on growing conditions, seedlings can be with open and closed root systems. In the first case, the plants were dug up and placed in a container before selling, in the second - initially each plant was planted in a separate container.
- Depending on the root system, bushes are planted in different ways. Roses with a closed root system are vertically lowered into the hole, falling asleep evenly with the ground. For the second type, you should first make a small mound in a dug hole. Put a bush on it, and cover it with earth. In both cases, it is important to ensure that the roots do not bend up.
- After planting, the soil is moistened, the top layer is loosened and watered.
Within two weeks after planting roses, you must regularly water them. In winter, bushes are spudled with earth, shoots are covered with sawdust and sand.
Plants should be weeded and pruned in spring and summer after flowering. Mineral and organic top dressing should be applied to the soil. It is also necessary to form bushes in a timely manner and take care of supports for high grades.
The rose garden can be a great decoration for a summer cottage, if you follow certain recommendations for choosing plants for design and creating optimal conditions. It is important to make the right choice of what to plant with roses in the flowerbed together and which varieties of roses to prefer.