We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Koza-Dereza cauliflower is an early ripening variety. The culture was developed by the Russian company "Biotekhnika", located in the city of St. Petersburg. The Koza-Dereza variety was included in the State Register in 2007 and is recommended for cultivation in temperate and southern regions of Russia.
Description of Koza-Dereza cauliflower
The Koza-Dereza cauliflower is distinguished by a compact rosette containing from 21 to 25 leaves. The color is green, but a grayish tint is visible, the surface of the foliage is covered with a barely noticeable bluish waxy bloom.
The shape of the head is round, slightly convex, the tubercles are poorly visible.
Important! The average weight of cauliflower ranges from 600 to 800 g, but giants with a mass of about 3 kg also grow.
The inflorescences are distinguished by their juiciness and delicate structure, when cutting the head of cabbage they do not crumble
The green foliage of the Goat-Dereza partially covers the snow-white inflorescences.
Advantages and disadvantages
Any vegetable crop has its advantages and disadvantages. Cauliflower Koza-Dereza has the following advantages:
- simultaneous ripening, which makes it possible to collect several crops per season;
- high yield rate;
- stable fruiting even in unfavorable weather;
- resistance to temperature drop;
- pleasant taste;
- good head tying.
Of the shortcomings, vegetable growers note the susceptibility of the Koza-Dereza variety to diseases and pests, but with proper care, these problems can be avoided.
The yield of the cauliflower variety Koza-Dereza
The average yield is 3.2 kg per 1 m² of area (with a planting density of 4 pcs. Per m²). When growing in several passes from the site, you can harvest several times more.
Attention! From the moment of planting the seedlings of the cauliflower Koza-Dereza in the ground until the harvest, 50-70 days pass.
Ripening dates depend on the climatic conditions of the region and the date of planting:
- March-April - 55-65 days;
- April-May - 50-60 days;
- June-July - 53-69 days.
Planting and caring for Koza-Dereza cauliflower
Gardeners practice two ways of growing cauliflower: seedling and seed. According to their reviews, the first method shows great efficiency, since climatic conditions in Russia are quite unpredictable.
To obtain seedlings of Koza-Dereza cauliflower, seeds are sown in March or early April. After about 30-40 days, the seedlings will grow up to 15 cm in height, 4-5 true leaves will appear on them, and they will be ready for transplantation.
The optimal distance that must be left between adjacent holes is 50 cm, between rows - 45 cm. Well-lit beds are chosen for planting. The Koza-Dereza cauliflower does not tolerate shade, so it will not be possible to harvest under the crowns of trees.
Important! To extend the fruiting period, it is recommended to plant the seeds not all at once, but with an interval of 10 days.
Koza-Dereza cauliflower seeds must undergo pre-planting processing. They are wrapped in cheesecloth and dipped in a weak solution of manganese, then kept in a damp cloth until pecking. For wetting, you can use Epin, succinic acid or any biostimulant. Before planting, the seeds are treated with Fitosporin or another biofungicide. It is enough to hold the seed material in the preparation for 15 minutes.
Algorithm for obtaining seedlings of cauliflower Goat-Dereza:
- It is better to plant seeds in individual containers (peat cups), this will avoid picking and replanting. Cabbage has very fragile roots, so their injury negatively affects the growth of the culture. 3-4 seeds are sown into the container, and after the emergence of shoots, they are rejected, leaving the most powerful of them.
- The soil is used in a store or prepared on its own. For these purposes, mix humus, peat, sand, earth (in equal proportions). For 1 liter of soil add 1 tsp. wood ash. The earth is sterilized by keeping it in the freezer for 24 hours, you can water it with a 5% manganese solution.
- Before planting, the soil in the containers is moistened. Cauliflower seeds are buried 0.5 cm, sprinkled with sand on top. To create a greenhouse effect, glass is installed on the containers or a film is stretched. Every day, a five-minute airing is carried out.
- Until the first shoots appear, the containers are kept in a dark place at a temperature of 22 ° C, when the seeds sprout, the air in the room is cooled to 10 ° C during the day, and to 6 ° C at night. After a week, the temperature is increased to 16 ° C. Supplementing is carried out with phytolamps; the duration of daylight hours for Koza-Dereza cauliflower is 12 hours.
- Watering should be regular, but waterlogging of the soil should not be allowed.
- Top dressing of cauliflower seedlings is carried out twice: after the appearance of two true leaves and after 2 weeks. Rostock, Kemira-Lux and others are chosen as nutrients.
- 1-2 weeks before planting in the ground, the seedlings begin to harden. She is taken out into the street, first for a few minutes, then the residence time is increased. In the last 2 days, the seedlings spend the night in the fresh air.
A cloudy day is chosen for transplantation. Dig holes to a depth of 10 cm, moisten the soil well. You can put 1 tsp on the bottom. superphosphate and a little onion peel, sprinkle with humus. The pungent smell of onions will help prevent pests.
Seedlings are buried in the ground to the first leaves, sprinkled with earth, watered
Attention! To protect the bushes from bright sunlight, a canopy is erected, which is removed after a few days.
If you use the seed method of planting in the ground, you must wait until the soil warms up to 12 ° C. In a temperate climate, the approximate planting date is the first ten days of May, in the southern regions - the end of April. 2-3 seeds are planted in each hole, sprinkled with a layer of sand on top. The area with cabbage is covered with foil. After emergence, the film is replaced with spunbond or lutrasil. Under the shelter, seedlings are up to 35-45 days.
Crop care consists in regular moistening, weeding and loosening of the soil, fertilization
When growing Koza-Dereza cauliflower, the following rules are followed:
- Watering is very important, especially at the time of inflorescence formation. The seedlings are moistened once every 2-3 days, using at least 7 liters per 1 m². For cabbage aged 1 month, the number of irrigations is reduced to 1-2 times a week, but the volume of water is increased to 12 liters per 1 m². After sunset, you can additionally use sprinkling.
- The first time after planting, feeding is carried out after 10 days. Then the nutrients are added at intervals of 15 days. For the first feeding, nitrogen is used, then phosphorus-potassium mixtures. The browning and friability of the heads indicate a lack of boron and molybdenum. A spray solution consisting of ammonium molybdate and boric acid (1 g per 1 liter of water) will help to correct the situation.
- The beds are loosened 2 times a week. The roots of cabbage are superficial, so the procedure is carried out carefully, going deeper by 7-8 cm.
Diseases and pests
Cauliflower Goat-Dereza has good immunity to diseases, but it is often attacked by insects.
Important! To avoid contamination of the crop, it is necessary to observe crop rotation, as well as adhere to the planting scheme, since overcrowding contributes to the development of diseases.
Insects do not tolerate strong odors, therefore, garlic, mint, lavender, marigolds are planted around the perimeter of the garden to protect cabbage.
For Koza-Dereza cauliflower, the following pests pose the greatest threat:
- Cabbage aphid. Herbal infusions will help to get rid of the invasion of insects; for their preparation, you can use tobacco, mustard, garlic, potato tops. The infected plants are sprayed several times a day. If there are too many pests and folk remedies are powerless, use Aktara, Biotlin or other chemicals.
- The cabbage fly lays eggs, from which the larvae emerge. They harm roots and stems. Prevention consists in planting parsley, celery around the garden. For processing, you can use soapy water or a solution of vinegar essence (1 tablespoon per 10 liters of water). From store funds, Fufanon, Tanrek are suitable.
- The cruciferous flea damages foliage. You can get rid of insects with an infusion of garlic, tobacco, red pepper. They also use Trichlormetaphos, Lightning, Furadan, Karate Zeon, Aktaru, Kaiser and other chemicals.
- The moth caterpillars eat the foliage. Homemade traps filled with sweet water or diluted jam help eliminate insects. Of the drugs, Actellik, Lepidotsid, Confidor-Maxi are effective.
- Slugs can also eat leaves and buds. You can scare them away with a solution of mustard powder. Needles, crushed eggshells are poured around the seedlings, which prevents the slugs from moving through the beds. From chemistry they use Thunderstorm, Slug-eater.
For cauliflower Koza-Dereza, the following diseases are dangerous:
- root rot;
- mucous bacteriosis;
Attention! The main prevention of disease is competent watering and proper planting.
When identifying root rot, use Trichodermin, Glyocladin. Mucous bacteriosis leads to decay of inflorescences; to prevent planting diseases, they are treated with Pentafag or Mikosan. If significant damage is detected, the cabbage is removed from the garden and burned.
It is very difficult to get rid of the keel. If damaged specimens are found on the site, they are removed, and the land is used to grow other crops. Cauliflower is planted in this area no earlier than 7 years later.
Alternaria occurs in extreme heat and high humidity. For prophylaxis, dusting the beds with crushed chalk is used. You can carry out the treatment with Baktofit.
Fusarium causes deformation of inflorescences and yellowing of foliage. To prevent the appearance of this disease, it is necessary to add Fitosporin to the water for irrigation.
For the prevention of peronosporosis, plants are sprinkled with wood ash, and the ground with crushed chalk.
Cauliflower Goat-Dereza is used to prepare various dishes. It is fried, pickled, salted and frozen.
Cabbage stewed in a slow cooker is not only tasty, but also healthy
Koza-Dereza cauliflower is in demand among Russian vegetable growers. The early maturity of the crop allows for 2-3 harvests per season. Cabbage heads are universal in use, various dishes are prepared from them, the inflorescences are closed for the winter and frozen.
Reviews of cauliflower Koza-Dereza
Marina Adamovna, 49 years old, Krasnodar
I love cauliflower in various forms. When I heard about a new variety of Koza-Dereza, I hurried to buy seeds. I grew seedlings, planted them in the ground and reaped a wonderful harvest. The heads are beautiful, snow-white, compact, lightweight. I made preparations for the winter and cooked various dishes all summer. The yield of the variety is good, next year I plan to plant it in two passes, it is easier to preserve this way, because the cabbage ripens at the same time.
Georgy Vladimirovich, 53 years old, Volgograd
I grow cauliflower for sale. The Koza-Dereza variety is early maturing, so you can get a little more by planting it in three waves. Crop care is standard: watering, top dressing and pest control. Immediately after planting, I spray with herbal infusions, this helps prevent the appearance of insects. Correct planting and proper crop rotation protects against diseases. Cabbage inflorescences are beautiful and tasty, so they sell well. My wife always makes winter preparations, so we keep part of the harvest for ourselves.