We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Climbing rose Golden Perfume is a decorative variety with large yellow inflorescences with a pleasant aroma. Repeated flowering occurs with a break of 1.5 months. Caring for the plant is simple, but for the winter the bushes must be removed from the support and covered with spruce branches, lutrasil or other material.
Climbing rose Golden Parfum (Rose Golden Parfum) - a variety bred by the Dutch breeder Jan Leenders (Jan Leenders) in 1959. Two types were taken as a basis - Goldilocks (Goldiflocks) and Fashion (Fashion). Both were bred in the 1950s, i.e. almost at the same time as Golden Perfume.
Subsequently, Jan Lenders founded the company of the same name, which sells Golden Parfum and many other varieties of roses. Also, the specialist is known for the first time he proposed a method of packing seedlings for their transportation - wrapping with plastic film. Since then, it has often been used to deliver planting material for roses and other crops.
Description of climbing rose Golden Perfume and characteristics
Golden Perfume belongs to the large-flowered climbing roses of the floribunda group. It occupies an intermediate position between hybrid tea and folio roses. The bushes are vigorous, the shoots are strong and thick. Leaves are medium in size, dark green, with jagged, jagged edges. The shape is ovoid, slightly elongated. The surface is glossy, so from a distance it may seem that these are artificial leaves.
The flowers are rich yellow, keep their shape well even in the rain. They grow on the tops of the peduncles. Semi-double inflorescences - petals are arranged in several rows. Resistant to sun fading: the color fades only before shedding.
The diameter of the flowers of the Golden Perfume rose 10–12 cm
The buds appear in two waves - in June-July and in August-September. A distinctive feature of flowers is a strong smell. The variety got its name for its pleasant aroma.
The main characteristics of the rose variety Golden Perfume:
- flowers are large, semi-double, consist of 50-60 petals;
- bush height - 200-300 cm;
- width - 100-200 cm;
- color: yellow;
- resistance to the sun: the color does not fade;
- aroma: pleasant, pronounced;
- flowering: repeated, two waves with a break of 5-6 weeks;
- rain resistance: good;
- attitude to light: tolerates light shading;
- immunity to fungal diseases: medium;
- winter hardiness: up to -25 ° C;
- shelter for the winter: in all regions, except for the south of Russia;
- care: simple, unpretentious plant;
- application in design: vertical gardening, single plantings, compositions.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Climbing rose variety Golden Perfume is appreciated by lovers of large monochromatic flowers with a pleasant aroma. Rose has a number of advantages:
- inflorescences are lush, large;
- give a pleasant aroma;
- the color does not fade in the sun;
- bush: vigorous (up to 3 m high), suitable for decorating vertical structures;
- culture is undemanding to care;
- profuse flowering, observed twice a summer;
- good resistance to rain;
- can be planted both in the sun and in light shade;
- dense foliage forms a beautiful dark green background.
This variety also has disadvantages:
- winter hardiness is not too high - in the fall it is necessary to cover seedlings;
- average immunity - in unfavorable years, the culture can suffer from diseases and pests;
- the bush grows strongly, so regular pruning is required.
Traditional methods of propagation of climbing roses: obtaining layers and cuttings. Cultivation by grafting is more laborious and rarely used at home. Getting climbing seedlings from seeds is practiced in professional nurseries. This method is not used at home.
When preparing cuttings of a climbing rose Golden Perfume, it is necessary to make an oblique lower incision at an angle of 45 degrees
Adult bushes (from 3-4 years old) are easy to dilute with layering. To do this, in the spring, several shoots 1–1.5 m long are bent down, fixed in pre-dug grooves, and sprinkled with fertile soil. Preliminarily, shallow cuts are made on the shoot above the buds. Throughout the summer, they feed and constantly moisturize, mulch for the winter. At the beginning of the next season, the cuttings are separated from the mother bush and each piece with roots is cut off, then transplanted to a permanent place and watered well.
Reproduction of the climbing rose Golden Perfume by layering is a very simple way. But if you need to get a lot of seedlings, it is better to use cuttings. In mid-June, cut several green cuttings 10-15 cm long. Make an oblique lower incision, remove all the leaves and put them in a jar with a growth stimulant solution: "Heteroauxin", "Zircon", "Kornevin", "Epin".
After a few days, cuttings of a climbing rose are transplanted into a mixture of wet sand and peat (1: 1) and covered with a jar or film on top. They can be grown in a greenhouse or at home. In September, they are transferred to a permanent place (the soil should be loose and fertile). For the winter, be sure to mulch.
Planting and caring for the climbing rose Golden Perfume
The planting of the climbing rose Golden Perfume can be scheduled for the second half of April. In the middle lane and in the southern regions, this can be done in mid-October. It is better to purchase seedlings only from reliable suppliers: if the planting material is of poor quality, then the flowers can quickly crumble.
Climbing roses prefer light, fertile loamy soils with a slightly acidic or neutral reaction (pH 6.0 to 7.0). The area should be open or lightly shaded. Another important point is the absence of stagnant moisture (roses do not tolerate swampy soil).
It is better to prepare the site in advance. This can be done in the fall or a month before the planned planting. It is dug up and humus or compost is introduced (in a bucket per 2 m2). If the soil contains a lot of clay, sand or sawdust, 1 kg each, should be covered over the same area. The algorithm for planting a climbing rose is standard:
- Dig a hole 50-60 cm deep. The roots should be free.
- Lay a layer of small stones on the bottom.
- Place the roots of the seedlings in a solution of a growth stimulator for several hours.
- Plant in a hole, spread the roots and sprinkle with fertile soil. In this case, the root collar should be at a depth of 8-10 cm.
- Tamp the soil a little, water well and mulch with sawdust, peat, straw or other material.
Attention! When planting a climbing rose Golden Perfume, turf soil with humus and peat is poured into the hole (2: 1: 1)
Caring for seedlings is not very difficult - agricultural technology includes the following actions:
- Watering 2-3 times a month, in the heat - weekly. The water must be settled. An adult bush is given 1.5–2 buckets.
- Starting from the second season, feeding is carried out. In April, urea is used, in the summer they alternate complex mineral fertilizer with organic matter (mullein, droppings, infusion of green grass, wood ash).
- Mulching - in summer and winter.
- Weeding, loosening - periodically, as needed.
- Pruning: damaged and dead branches are removed in spring, all faded shoots in summer.
Attention! For the winter, the climbing bush should be carefully removed from the support, laid on a layer of dry grass or leaves, and covered with spruce branches or burlap on top.
As a heater, you can use plastic wrap, spunbond or other waterproof material. It must be removed in early spring.
Pests and diseases
Climbing rose Golden Perfume has an average immunity to powdery mildew, black spot and other diseases. Therefore, in the spring and early summer, it is necessary to carry out 2-3 preventive fungicide treatments:
- Baikal, Fitosporin, Quadris, Tattu, Ordan, Bordeaux fluid.
Insects can be destroyed with folk remedies. Climbing rose bushes Golden Perfume are sprayed with solutions with the following components:
- wood ash with laundry soap;
- mustard powder;
- chili peppers (pods);
- onion husks;
- garlic cloves and herbs;
- marigold flowers (decoction);
- baking soda;
- ammonia alcohol.
If there are too many pests, and folk remedies are ineffective, use insecticides: "Match", "Eforia", "Confidor", "Decis", "Aktara" and others.
Attention! The processing of the climbing rose bushes Golden Perfume is best done in the evening, in calm and dry weather.
Application in landscape design
Since the climbing rose bush Golden Perfum is vigorous, it is often used for vertical gardening. For this, pergolas, pillars and other vertical supports are installed.
Variants of using the climbing rose Golden Perfume in the design of the territory:
- For decorating vertical supports.
- Single landing.
- Combined with coniferous crops.
- Against the background of the wall of a house, fence, non-residential building. The variety normally tolerates light shading, so the bushes can be planted next to any structures.
Climbing rose Golden Perfume is suitable for both beginners and more experienced gardeners. The variety is unpretentious, grows normally in a temperate climatic zone. When planting, it is important to choose the right place and install a reliable vertical support. The care is standard, but for the winter, a compulsory shelter is required.
Reviews with a photo of a climbing rose Golden Perfume
Alla Ivanovna, 56 years old, Nizhny Novgorod
I have long wanted to have roses with a good scent to be pleasant and strong. I was advised the climbing variety of Golden Perfume. I got it from a trusted supplier. Planted in the spring. The bush did not hurt, it began quickly. Flowers fully correspond to the description - yellow, medium-sized, with a good smell. Bushes are strong, grow very quickly.
Svetlana Igorevna, 47 years old, Tula
I have Golden Perfume growing for the second year, the bush is not too tall yet. The flowering is beautiful, the buds are large, bright, with a delicate scent. In the fall, I must mulch and cover the bushes with insulation. This avoids freezing of the branches.