We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Snowflake salad with chicken is a hearty appetizer that differs not only in its pleasant taste characteristics, but also in its beautiful appearance. Such a dish can easily become a highlight of any festive table.
The dish is harmoniously decorated with pomegranate seeds, green peas or cranberries.
How to make Snowflake salad
The Chicken Snowflake Salad in all its variations is an appetizer in which layers of ingredients greased with mayonnaise are alternated. The average cooking time is about 20 minutes, but for the best taste it is recommended to place the salad bowl in the refrigerator for several hours so that the layers have time to soak in the sauce and the dish becomes more tender and balanced.
The taste of the future dish depends on the choice of ingredients. One incorrectly selected component can ruin the entire salad. In order to avoid mistakes and create a delicious snack that can please all household members and guests, it is recommended to heed the advice from experienced chefs and housewives:
- Most recipes use chicken eggs. It is important to make sure they are fresh before cooking. To do this, pour a small amount of ordinary water into any container and lower the egg there. If, as a result, it floats up, it means that the product is spoiled. If the egg is left on the bottom, there is no need to worry about its freshness.
- Housewives have long come up with a little trick to simplify the process of grating processed cheese. It should be placed in the freezer in advance for a few minutes. When frozen, the cheese will become harder and easier to rub.
- Tomatoes for salad should be juicy and ripe. You should not take vegetables that are defective or not credible. Tomatoes that are too watery can ruin the salad, which becomes runny and softened.
- Champignons must be peeled before cooking. To do this, they are thoroughly washed in water, get rid of visible dirt, cut off the very bottom of the legs and remove the film from the cap.
Snowflake salad with prunes and chicken
Puff Snowflake can be prepared in just 20 minutes. Simple and affordable ingredients are used to create, and the taste is very pleasant and unusual.
- 1 chicken breast;
- 100 g of prunes;
- 200 g of champignons;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 100 g of cheese;
- 1 onion;
- 100 g of walnuts;
- mayonnaise, vegetable oil, salt - to taste.
Step by step cooking:
- Soak prunes in boiling water for about 1 hour.
- Peel the onions, cut into small cubes and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Peel, rinse the mushrooms and cut into small pieces. Also fry them in a pan and combine with toasted onions.
- Season with salt and pepper onions and mushrooms.
- Cut the boiled chicken into small cubes, about 1 cm by 1 cm.
- Boil chicken eggs hard-boiled, peel and separate the white from the yolk.
- Grate the yolk on a coarse grater, and the white on a medium.
- Grind hard cheese on a medium grater.
- Turn the walnuts into crumbs in a meat grinder, blender, or simply cut into small pieces with a knife.
- When the prunes have softened, they need to be cut into small pieces.
- Start shaping the salad, which is stacked in layers. For convenience, it is worth using a round shape of any convenient diameter.
- Put the prunes in the first layer, spread over the entire surface, salt and grease with mayonnaise on top.
- Place the diced chicken and top with the sauce.
- Put onion and champignons and repeat the mayonnaise layer.
- The yolks can be mixed with the green onions and put on top by repeating the mayonnaise grease.
- Place the hard cheese and the sauce on top.
- Put in the walnut crumbs and complete the formation of the Snowflake with the egg whites.
With the help of special molds, you can cut snowflakes for decoration from egg white
The flaky salad is light and airy. The topmost protein layer acts as a snow cap. For beauty, you can add pomegranate seeds or cranberries.
Snowflake salad with chicken and pomegranate
This version of the recipe is popular with housewives, since such a Snowflake is easy to prepare and it turns out to be very colorful.
- 2 chicken fillets;
- 6 chicken eggs;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 200 g feta cheese;
- pomegranate, garlic, mayonnaise, salt - to taste.
Step by step cooking:
- Boil the chicken fillet and cut into small pieces.
- Boil chicken eggs, peel and cut into medium cubes.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into large cubes.
- Peel and grate the garlic or chop it using a special crusher.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes.
- Start forming the salad by greasing the bottom of the salad bowl with mayonnaise.
- Put the chicken and grease too.
- Add chopped eggs, salt and grease with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Lay out a layer of tomatoes and lightly sprinkle it with garlic on top, and then repeat the layer of sauce.
- Top with cheese cubes and finish cooking with pomegranate seeds.
A light snack turns out to be a rich red-white color - thanks to the combination of tomatoes and pomegranate with cheese
Thanks to the pomegranate, the salad turns out to be bright. Therefore, it will easily become the highlight of any festive table.
Snowflake salad with crab sticks
It takes literally a few minutes to prepare a hearty dish, and the result cannot but please with its taste.
- 5 chicken eggs;
- 150 g chicken;
- 1 apple;
- 150 g crab sticks;
- 1 processed cheese;
- a handful of roasted peanuts or walnut kernels;
- mayonnaise, salt - to taste.
Step by step cooking:
- Boil chicken eggs hard-boiled, peel and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Grate the whites on a fine grater, and chop the yolks with a fork.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes or strips.
- Wash the apple and grate it on a coarse grater.
- Chop the crab sticks with a knife.
- Grate the melted cheese on a medium grater.
- Grind the nuts in a blender, meat grinder or with a regular knife.
- Start forming a flaky salad by placing half of the chopped proteins on the bottom of the container.
- Grease a layer with mayonnaise and salt a little.
- Add cheese, brush with mayonnaise.
- Repeat with yolks, crab sticks, apple, chicken and nuts.
- Finish the formation of the Snowflake salad with half the proteins. Lay them out in a light layer that resembles a snow cap.
You can put dill sprigs around, and decorate the salad with pomegranate seeds
It is recommended to put the snowflake in the refrigerator for several hours, and before that, decorate with berries or herbs.
The Snowflake Chicken Salad is a popular dish during the holidays. A colorful, winter snack will be appropriate on a festive table and will certainly delight households and guests with its light and rich taste.