We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Rezuha is a perennial evergreen. Its flowering is from April to June. Gardeners use only a small fraction of the varieties of rhizomes. All of them are capable of forming a flowering carpet and are characterized by lush growth.
Rezukha (Arabis) belongs to the crucifer family. Homeland - Asia or Europe. Translated from Greek arabos means rattle. Some of its species have hard small hairs on the leaves and stems that injure the hands, which is why the plant was called the cough.
This low perennial blooms early. In height, it can reach up to 30 centimeters. The shape of the leaves is elegant, the shade is silver, there is pubescence on them. The color of the petals is from whitish to pinkish. Terry varieties look very attractive.
The flowering of arabis is plentiful - from a distance the bush looks like a bright spot. In cool weather, arabis blooms better - up to 8 weeks.
Each variety of the genus "Rezukha" is unique and has its own characteristics.
- Rezukha caucasian (Arabis caucasica) different pink and white flowers. In width - up to 60 centimeters, height - 25 centimeters.
- The most popular variety is Plena. It reaches a height of 25 centimeters.
- Schneehaube is characterized by abundant flowering.
- It is worth paying attention to the red variety Coccinea and compact terry FlorePleno.
- Of the new species it is worth highlighting Lafraicheur and Compinkie. Their flowering occurs in the summer.
- Resucha Arends is a hybrid. It is obtained by crossing Arabis aubrietoides and Arabis caucasica. The color of the flowers is pink.
- Protruding casing has dark green leaves. Flowering occurs in April. Of the varieties, the most popular Neuschnee.
- Grade Variegata has leaves edged with a white stripe.
Landing and care
Landing is carried out in the autumn or spring. Pre-loosen the soil and make compost. If the soil is heavy, it is lightened by adding sand. The soil should be well-drained, the place - sunny or small partial shade.
Take out seedlings with extreme caution. The cup is turned upside down, then gently pressed so that the roots come out of the container.
During planting, untangle the roots and shorten too long processes. The distance between plants should be up to 25 cm.
All varieties of arabis are unpretentious. Any soil suits them. As for the Caucasian arabis (its image can be seen in the photo), it must be periodically rejuvenated, otherwise the central part of the plant will look ugly, and flowering will shift to the periphery. After flowering, the shoots are shortened - they should be no more than 10 centimeters.
- It is better to plant rechus in multicolored groups over a large area.
- After the plant fades, its division can begin. For this, rosettes are pinched from the bush. They are put in glasses and carried in a slightly shaded place. In the spring it will be possible to land in the ground.
- At the end of flowering, the cut is trimmed. A cushion should form.
- Caucasian Arabis can be planted in a hole made in a black film, and then mulched with expanded clay or stones. This will prevent weeds. You can let the plant hang freely from the stone, but in this case you will have to cut it periodically.
- When seedlings appear, it is necessary to provide the housing with ventilation. To do this, remove the glass in the greenhouse. Once the seedlings have grown, they can be moved to the garden. Since low temperatures are required for the appearance of flowers, flowering will occur only after a year.
Although the creeper rarely suffers from disease, root rot may appear. How she looks can be seen in the photo. In this case, decay begins from above. If this nuisance has occurred, simply dig up the casing and rid it of rotting roots.
Use in landscape design
In rock gardens, a casing must be present. The groundcover will bloom with white flowers in April-May. After flowering, the stems should be shortened. Arabis looks great in borders.
In a joint landing, varieties such as "Sound of the surf", "Arabis pink" and "Alpine hill". Flowering occurs in the spring.
Varieties look original "Sunny Bunny" and "Alpine snowball" in a circular flowerbed near a pine tree. First, sand and compost soil should be added to the flowerbed. You can also put arabis to the Cossack juniper.
Ciliated arabis (beautiful both in the photo and in the flowerbed) is used in the foreground in the mixborder and in the curb. The casing can also be planted to ennoble dry retaining walls and rocky slides. Terry varieties are often found in bouquets.
In medium-sized rock gardens, Caucasian arabis is mainly grown. A living carpet of leaves will look attractive from spring to fall. A fluffy hat of snow-white flowers will delight flowering for 3 weeks. The spectacular appearance of the foliage has a variegated form of Variegata.
Each leaflet has a white strip. As a result, Curtina looks very attractive. Borders can change from white to yellow. Part of the shoots may lose their variability, then they are removed.
If you need to decorate a significant part of the area in a short time, it is better not to find the cocks. To strengthen the slopes apply "Arabis Towering."
Where to plant
Rezukha is a groundcover. It feels great on slopes, walls, in rose gardens. The plant also looks spectacular on rocky terrain - in nature it is located in such places. You can land on the edge of the flowerbed. In this case, the center, surrounded by greenery, will look very impressive.
Great neighbors for rekuha will be purple low iris and blue Armenian muscari. If there is an alpine hill on your site, in addition to rezuhi, it is worth placing on it:
- rock burchak;
Daffodils and late tulips look spectacularly on the green carpet.
An alpine shell is propagated by cuttings in the summer or by dividing bushes in the autumn. Also, reproduction can be carried out by seeds. Their sowing is carried out before winter or in spring. Since seeds cannot be obtained from terry varieties, their reproduction occurs only with the help of cuttings.
Cuttings are planted in June in the garden or in a cold greenhouse. For good rooting, separate the leaf so that the peel moves with it. The cambial layer will open, from which the root system will subsequently grow.
Rezukha: planting and care
To get a large flowering carpet on the site is quite simple if you use a casing for this purpose. All varieties of arabis are different from each other, so you can experiment and use them to implement various ideas for designing a garden plot. Planting is done in spring or autumn. Arabis is undemanding to care for. From diseases root rot may appear.